Ha ha….do you like my fancy rhyme? That isn’t why I am writing this post. I saw an article on Glutenfreeville that linked over to an iVillage article on some gluten-free foods that they (Sloane Miller aka Allergic Girl) found the tastiest.
Here are the 12 products that Miller/iVillage has listed as “The Tastiest Gluten-Free Foods”
1. Kinnikinnick KinniToo’s
2. Udi’s Gluten-free White Sandwich Bread
3. La Veneziane Corn Pasta
4. Angie’s Kettle Corn
5. Boar’s Head Deli Meat
6. Cherrybrook Kitchen’s Fudge Brownie Mix
7. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Medium Cornmeal
8. Enjoy Life’s boom CHOCO boom Crispy Rice Bar
10. Erewhon Cocoa Crispy Brown Rice
11. Nielsen-Massey Flavorings – Pure Vanilla Extract
12. Betty Crocker’s Gluten-free Brownie Mix
I have sampled many of the above products, but not all of them. I have not tried the La Veneziane Corn Pasta, Cherrybrook Kitchen’s Brownie Mix or Nielson-Massey Flavorings. While I agree with a lot of the food listed, I do have some of my own opinions. Bet you wouldn’t have guessed that, huh?
- Our Sandwich Cookie Choice is the KinniToo’s, but our Chocolate Chip Cookie is Udi’s– they taste homemade!
- We love Udi’s Gluten-Free White Sandwich Bread, but Rudi’s is also good, as is Canyon Bakehouse.
- Angie’s Popcorn is the bomb!
- Boar’s Head Deli Meat is one of our favorites. If I had to choose a 2nd here, it would be Applegate Farms.
- I don’t think I have had a bad product from Bob’s Red Mill. Their Gluten-Free Medium Cornmeal is great for frying okra! YUM!
- Enjoy Life makes a wonderful variety of gluten-free chocolate and if you are missing Nestle Crunch Bars, the Crispy Rice Bar will do wonders for your cravings.
- Even our non-gluten-free members of the family enjoy Gluten-Free Bisquick. These girls are some tough critics. Great product that can easily be found in mainstream stores. If you don’t care for the GF Bisquick, Better Batter Pancake Mix is excellent.
- While we do like the Erewhon Cocoa Crispy Brown Rice, we prefer Envirokidz Leapin’ Lemurs – small fascination with chocolate & peanut butter going on here.
- Brownies – Betty Crocker does make a great mix that is easy to find and reasonably priced. However, our favorite GF Brownie Mix is made by 1,2,3 Gluten-Free. Even my non-gluten-free, super-texture-sensitive sister, Kelly, loved these!
Care to share your thoughts on this list or share yours? I am always interested in seeing what others like and learning about new products. Just for fun I thought I would share a post I wrote back in August 2008 about my gluten-free favorites. Fun to see how times have changed!
Author Information: Kimberly Bouldin, Columbus OH
My Gluten-Free Blog: http://glutenfreeislife.wordpress.com
Columbus Gluten-Free Food Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-15655-Columbus-GlutenFree-Food-Examiner
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kbouldin