This old recipe is rich in flavor and appeal. It goes well with any main meat dish, salad, or sandwich.
- 2 cups white potatoes such as red bliss, yukon gold, or russet
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cooked Canadian bacon, sugar-free, or 4 strips of sugar-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup gluten-free mayonnaise
- 2 T unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. celery seeds
A large mixing bowl.
- Cooked Canadian bacon does not need preparation, just cut it into small cubes. Bacon needs to be fried and crumbled with a T of the fat for flavor.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until tender but not falling apart. Drain, cover the pot and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the celery and parsley. Add to pot with the potatoes. Add the vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Stir in the bacon, blending all ingredients without mashing the potatoes. Serve warm in a large bowl.