- 3 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Dollop chilled full-fat coconut milk
- Preheat your waffle iron to levels 4 or 5, depending on how dark you like your waffle.
- Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Add wet ingredients to the jug of your high-powered blender and blend on high for 20 seconds. Pour into dry mixture, mix and allow to sit until waffle iron is ready.
- Divide mix into 3 and drop onto prepared waffle iron. Close and cook until done. Once complete, top with chilled coconut milk.
Maple Syrup: fructose is the thing I’m avoiding above all and maple syrup is low in free fructose but high in the fructose-glucose disaccharide sucrose. I feel better eating it than fructose-rich sugars like agave, honey or coconut sugar. If you want to know everything there is to know about maple syrup, read this.
Waffles vs. Pancakes: This recipe can also make banana flour pancakes.
Serving: Recipe makes 3 waffles, 1.5 waffles per serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 313
- Calories from Fat: 126
- Total Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 317> mg
- Sodium: 449 mg
- Carbs: 34 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Net Carbs: 32 g
- Sugars: 8 g
- Protein: 11 g
Author Information: Leanne Vogel, Alberta, Canada
Leanne Vogel is a Holistic Nutritionist with a passion for healthy treats, whole food eats, and balanced living.