There are hundreds of gluten-free products poised to hit store shelves, and if you are a gluten-free foodie like me, then you want to try them all without breaking the bank. Not all gluten-free foods are created equally, so we are fortunate there are companies out there to take all of the guess work out of the process and deliver gluten-free sample boxes right to your doorstep like Taste Guru.
Taste Guru was co-founded by David Fishman after his celiac disease diagnosis. He tired of wasting money on tasteless gluten-free products and he knew there had to be a way to simply the process. Through Taste Guru’s monthly subscription service, he is able to introduce new gluten-free products to people who are living gluten free.
Taste Guru offers monthly, quarterly, and yearly subscription services that save you money and time by taking the guess work out of buying and trying new gluten-free products. Sample boxes contain new products each month and you can discontinue your membership at any time, so there is no long-term commitment.
I got to meet Andrew, Director of Operations for the company, while I was at Expo West and he was nice enough to send me a box to try and review. Here is what was in the box:
- Happy Morning Organic Breakfast Smoothie – I didn’t try this one as it didn’t appeal to my texture eating ways.
- Beanville Pico De Galo Bean and Rice Chips – these chips are dairy-free as well and tasted fantastic right out of the bag. I also liked them crumbled up in soup and I used them as croutons on salad.
- Schar Sub Sandwich Rolls – I have had these before and they are a fantastic product. Just heat them up and pile on the toppings.
- Massell Beef and Chicken Style Sticks – I used them while making chicken soup and I like that they aren’t too salty, but have a nice flavor profile without the meat.
- Namaste Spice Cake Mix – all of their products are free of additional allergens, such as potato and rice. Their mixes are very easy to make and they taste fantastic.
- Better Bouillon Chicken Style Broth – I used this broth to make mashed potatoes from scratch…delicious!
- Lieber’s Knaidal Mix – I have yet to try this one.
- Schar Chocolate Hazelnut Bars – these are flaky, crispy wafer cookies covered in chocolate and they are quite decadent.
The box had a nice selection of products including ones I had never tried before. This service would make a fabulous gift for the gluten-free foodie in your life and presents a great way to discover new gluten-free products without leaving home.
Thanks to Taste Guru for sending me my box of gluten-free goodies!
Have you tried this sample box service? What did you think?
Author Information: Jennifer D. Harris, Atlanta, GA
Jennifer D. Harris, http://www.jenniferglutenfreeingeorgia.blogspot.com
Marketing Coordinator, Pure Knead
President, Just Gluten Free
Program Chair, Atlanta Metro CeliacsTwitter@jenniferGFinGA