Today is St. Patrick’s Day and for me that means wear something green or you are going to be pinched.
For others that means preparing traditional Irish dishes to celebrate the holiday. Every year when this holiday arrives this Examiner is always thankful that corned beef and cabbage and potatoes and carrots are all naturally gluten free and easy to prepare.
Listed below are some of the great gluten-free St. Patrick’s Day recipes we have found:
- About.com has a great list of authentic Irish recipes that include: sugar cookies, Irish soda bread, stew and more.
- Betty Crocker – has a couple of gluten-free recipes for St. Patrick’s Day
- Book of Yum – has a dairy-free, egg-free Veggie Pot Pie
- Celiac.com – offers recipes for Corned Beef and Cabbage and Irish Soda bread
- Elana’s Pantry – has a recipe for Hamantaschen, Irish Soda bread and green eggs.
- Gluten Free Easily – has a great recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Gluten-free Goddess – has a great compilation of recipes
- Jules Gluten Free – offers an allergy-friendly cut-out Sugar Cookie recipe
- Manifest Vegan – shares a recipe for Colcannon casserole
Let’s not forget beer shall we? This Examiner doesn’t drink beer, but for those that do, add some gluten-free food coloring to your favorite gluten-free brew and you are all set.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Jennifer D. Harris, http://www.jenniferglutenfreeingeorgia.blogspot.com
Gluten-Free Product Specialist, Return to Eden
Program Chair, Atlanta Metro CeliacsTwitter@jenniferGFinGA