Squash and Turkey Bacon Hash on Arugula and Mixed Greens
Squash and turkey bacon hash takes a savory-sweet spin on many of the usual Thanksgiving ingredients – a spin that is tasty and very nutritious! The secret to the development of the flavors is being patient and allowing the ingredients to braise a little before scooping and flipping for braising on the other side.
Once cooked, we enjoy it over mixed salad greens and/or arugula that have been lightly tossed in a little toasted walnut oil and fresh lemon juice. However, it tastes wonderful on its own, as a side, or an entrée.
Serves 6 as a side dish, 4 as an entrée
• 1 bunch Kale, stems removed and chopped in 1” strips
• 1 medium Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
• 4-5 stalks Broccolini, chopped in 1” pieces
• 1 Zucchini, sliced in ¼” rounds
• 3 cloves Garlic, finely minced
• 1 8-slice package