There are a lot of recipes out there that call for cream of chicken soup. This is not a happy thing for people who cannot have this creamy delight due to Celiac Disease or gluten intolerance. Here is a great recipe for Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup. Hopefully this will take a little of the stress out of weeding through the cans and cannots in your recipe box.
Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 cube chicken bullion (gluten-free!)
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
Tips and Suggestions for Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup:
- Do NOT stop stirring- Cornstarch moves fast when it decides to thicken. If you leave it to it's own devices you will end up with some sticky globs surrounded by a thin liquid. This is not happy food!
- This recipe will work with any type of bullion. You can have cream of anything you want!
- Try adding garlic, herbs or other spices to create new flavors.
---------------------------- Author Information: Marissa Carter, Kansas City Marissa Carter Website: www.lostscribe.webs.com Gluten Free Product Reviews: www.glutenfreeproductreviews.blogspot.com Kansas City Gluten-Free Food Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-19097-Kansas-City-GlutenFree-Food-Examiner Blog: www.marissacarter.blogspot.com Suite 101: www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/mmrcarter Twitter: LostScribe AIM: lostscribe79