This tangy, refreshing lemon-ade has stood the test of time not just for extracting loads of vitamin C from the rind, but for exceptional taste. Someone can always be found to do the stomping, especially children. Makes a quart. New wooden stompers can be easily bought, or have fun looking for the old, turned ones found at garage sales or flea markets.
- 1 large fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Works fructose
- 1 quart of fresh water
A heavy glass pitcher and a wooden stomper.
- Scrub the lemon with baking soda on a clean wet cloth.
- Rinse well then cut into thin slices.
- Toss the lemon slices into the pitcher with the fructose.
- Stomp a few minutes until the juice is rendered, but not so long as to mash the rinds.
- Stir, add ice cubes and enjoy!