We created a step-by-step process to help you gain the greatest benefit from this website.
Adopting a strict 100% gluten-free diet is required for recovery…there is no other treatment for immune responses to gluten. These responses include celiac disease, non-celiac disease gluten sensitivity and allergy. Remember, only 1/8th teaspoon of flour can keep the immune reaction active.
Eliminating gluten is the first step because your body cannot recover as long as it is being:
1) damaged by inflammation in the case of any immune response to gluten.
2) deprived of nutrition through malabsorption in the case of celiac disease.
- To get a better understanding of gluten and its effects on your body, please visit these pages:
- Celiac Disease
- Non-Celiac Disease Gluten Sensitivity
- Diagnosis and Testing
- To get a better understanding of how to manage your diet, please visit this pages:
Achieving good health requires understanding your symptoms and health conditions, recognizing whether they are related to the toxic effects of gluten within your body and/or nutrient deficiencies that have developed from malabsorption, how they respond to a gluten-free diet and what you need to do to correct them.
When you identify problems, click the links provided. Each of the Health Conditions listed on this website uses the same format to give you a broad base of information that includes the following:
- A Description of the Health Condition.
- How the Health Condition Presents in Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity.
- Prevalence of the Health Condition Related to Celiac Disease.
- List of the Health Condition’s Symptoms.
- Explanation of How the Health Condition Develops.
- How the Health Condition Responds to a Gluten Free Diet.
- 6 Step Process to Correct the Health Problem.
- Summaries of Medical Studies About the Health Condition as it Relates to Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity.
Reveiw the Health Condition pages of interest to gain an understanding of how the health condition is affecting you. Many times, health conditions due to celiac disease or gluten sensitivity cause different symptoms and are treated differently than how the conditions would be when gluten is not responsible.
Follow the 6 Steps to Correct the Health Condition at the end of the page.
Oftentimes, a nutrient deficiency, or multiple ones, is the underlying problem. If a nutrient deficiency is the cause, it will be listed on the Health Condition page and linked to that Nutrient Deficiency’s page.
Print a copy of the Health Condition page for your records or to bring to your healthcare provider.
The vast majority of health conditions related to gluten stem from nutrient deficiencies due to the malabsorption that gluten causes. Identifying and correcting these nutrient deficiencies is crucial to regaining and maintaining health.
- A Description of the Nutrient Deficiency.
- How the Nutrient Deficiency Presents in Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity.
- Prevalence of the Nutrient Deficiency Related to Celiac Disease.
- List of the Nutrient Deficiency’s Symptoms.
- Explanation How the Nutrient Deficiency Develops.
- How the Nutrient Deficiency Responds to a Gluten Free Diet.
- 6 Step Process to Correct the Nutrient Deficiency.
- Summaries of Medical Studies About the Nutrient Deficiency as it Relates to Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity.
Read the page to gain an understanding of how the nutrient deficiency is affecting you. Nutrient deficiencies tend to have a cascading affect on health, where conditions deteriorate and worsen unless the deficiencies are corrected.
5 Ways to Search the Health Guide:
An alphabetical listing of all health conditions directly or indirectly caused by gluten, gluten sensitivity and /or celiac disease.
Alphabetical listing of different nutrients and the health conditions stemming from each deficiency.
Alphabetical listing of health conditions categorized by affected body system.
Alphabetical listing of health conditions categorized by affected organs.
Alphabetical listing of medical terms.
This page will take you through the website and explain how to use it.