Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cooking Made Easy E-Cookbook
The Essential Cookbook and Nutrition Guide
Author: Cleo J. Libonati, RN, BSN
Gluten-Free Buckwheat Pancakes, Page 44…
“Wow, these are GREAT! I made them this morning and they are the most superb, velvety, light and good tasting pancakes I’ve ever had.” – Karyl
Artisan Pizza, Page 49…
- Make Delicious & Nutritious Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Meals While Improving Your Health!
- Why Go Gluten-Free AND Dairy-Free?
- Addiction, Inflammation, Deficiencies, Obesity, Mental Disorders…
- Cook Your Way to Great Health and Enjoy Your Food!
- What You Will Find Inside “Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cooking Made Easy”
- More Than a Cookbook – A Nutrition Guide and Diet Resource
- 3 Steps to Safe, Nutritious Food
- The Gluten Free Substitute Guide
- Dairy-Free Substitute Guide
- Baking with Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Ingredients
- Nutrition, Symptoms and Building Your Diet
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cooking Made Easy gives you dozens of easy, delicious and nutritious recipes that you and your family will enjoy again and again!
- These recipes have been tested and approved by kids and adults. Your friends and family will never know they are gluten-free and dairy-free…unless YOU tell them!
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free Cooking Can Be Easy, Nutritious and Rewarding!
Make Delicious & Nutritious Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Meals While Improving Your Health!
Why Go Gluten-Free AND Dairy-Free?
Addiction, Inflammation, Deficiencies, Obesity, Mental Disorders…
If the effect is powerful, gluten and dairy can cause mental disorders like poor concentration, brain fog, fatigue, or more serious conditions like schizophrenia and behavioral disorders.
Gluten and cow dairy can cause inflammation. Gluten causes inflammation in anyone if it penetrates the lining of the small intestine. And really, if you eat enough, it will cause problems even if you don’t have a medical condition like gluten sensitivity or celiac disease.
Gluten and cow dairy can cause nutrient deficiencies. Celiac disease is the condition where eating gluten causes the immune system to attack the lining of the small intestine leading to inflammation and malabsorption of nutrients and all the sicknesses that result.
Did you know cow dairy can do the exact SAME THING in some people??? Bovine beta casein enteropathy is the medical term for the cow dairy version of celiac disease.
90% of people who try, still cannot get the nutrients they need from the foods they eat. Doctors do not really consider malabsorption in patients unless they have recently dropped a ton of weight.
But you can be normal weight or even overweight and still be nutrient deficient.
Gluten and cow dairy can make you fat. An Eqyptian medical study discovered women who were functionally nutrient deficient were 80% more likely to be obese. They could get through work and manage their errands, but their nutrient deficiencies made them fat!
Cook Your Way to Great Health and Enjoy Your Food!
“Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cooking Made Easy” was written by our own Cleo Libonati, RN, BSN, a nurse with celiac disease who is dairy-free herself! It is designed for people who prepare gluten-free, dairy-free meals for themselves or others.
“Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cooking Made Easy” will help you put together safe, nutritious meals from everyday foods while giving you a breakdown of important nutrients in those foods.
An explanation of the nature of foods and a chart of essential vitamins and minerals including symptoms of deficiencies are included so you can better monitor and replenish the nutrients you may be missing in your diet.
The gluten-free, dairy-free diet can be challenging for the cook. Many traditional cookbook recipes call for gluten and/or dairy ingredients, making it necessary to use substitute ingredients. However, gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients have different properties than the ones they replace. For these reasons, special recipes are essential for success.
The gluten-free, dairy-free diet may be a health or ethical choice. But for many people, the diet is a medical necessity because both gluten and dairy are able to cause immune reactions and intolerances. Strict avoidance of gluten and dairy is their medical treatment.
What You Will Find Inside “Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cooking Made Easy”
Learning a new method of cooking should be fun and rewarding instead of overwhelming.
The recipes in Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cooking Made Easy are simple to prepare and use normal everyday ingredients you can find at your local grocery store.
The recipes are mostly foundation type meals and dishes that you can adapt and change to make many more types of foods and dishes. This way you will have a wide variety of recipes to explore and rely upon.
We aren’t kidding when we say easy. You will be preparing dishes within minutes. Some will become your favorite go-to recipes.
Eating foods that work for your body and satisfy your individual needs is important and elementary once you know which nutrients you need and which foods are good sources.
Detailed nutrition information, symptom charts and tips will help you discover nutrient deficiencies you may be experiencing so you can add the recipes that contain those foods into your diet.
You CAN make delicious gluten-free and dairy-free food. And you CAN improve your health while you do.
More Than a Cookbook – A Nutrition Guide and Diet Resource
This e-book explains the gluten-free and dairy-free diet.
- Learn about gluten, the protein in wheat, barley, rye and oats.
- Discover casein, the protein in cow dairy.
- The book explains what gluten does in food.
- It lists the various types of health problems that develop if you are sensitive to gluten and casein.
3 Steps to Safe, Nutritious Food
This section teaches you about save and unsafe foods, how identify unsafe foods, as well as how to buy and prepare foods.
1. Learn About Safe vs. Unsafe Food
- Unsafe Gluten Ingredients
- Unsafe Dairy Ingredients
- Foods That Contain Gluten
- Hidden Sources of Gluten
- Gluten Free Food List
- Dairy Free Food List
- Foods That Contain Casein
- Hidden Sources of Casein
2. Buying and Storing Safe Food
- Taking Inventory
- Making Your Shopping List
- Develop Your Grocery Store Routine
- Reading Ingredient Lists
- Protecting Safe Food From Contamination
3. Preparing Safe Food
- The 8 Basic Rules to Prevent Contamination
- Making Food From Scratch
- Tips: Eating Out, School Lunches, Traveling, and Social Occasions
- Gluten Free Replacement Fours and Starches
- Naturally Gluten Free Side Dishes and Main Dishes
- Gluten-Free Packaged Goods, Cereals, Pasta and Noodles
Dairy-Free Substitute Guide
- Replacements for Cow Milk, Yogurt/Kefir, Cheese, Cream/Butter, Ice Cream
- Non-Dairy Products to Keep on Hand
Baking with Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Ingredients
Once you learn the basics, you can adapt many of your favorite recipes that use unsafe ingredients.
Have fun experimenting with GF dough which is softer and GF batter which is thinner than similar wheat flour dough and batter.
Your own creations are the best reward! Here are helpful pointers:
- Ingredients – gluten substitutes, which flours to use and when to use them.
- Techniques – simple steps to take to be sure your recipes turn out right.
- Equipment – what to use when baking, cooking and preparing recipes.
- 7 Troubleshooting Tips – speed up the learning curve by reading these troubleshooting tips before you start.
Nutrition, Symptoms and Building Your Diet
Nutrients are required for good health and life itself. This section will help you better understand nutrients so you can choose foods that meet your specific needs. 1) Read through the nutrients and symptoms to find your deficiencies. 2) Add the meals from the Recipes Section that list the nutrients you need to your diet. 3) If necessary, incorporate nutritional supplements.
Comprehensive nutritional information helps you identify deficiencies and choose the recipes that meet your individual needs.
- Sugars: Monosaccharides & Disaccharides
- Starches: Polysaccharides
- Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids
- Fat Soluble Vitamins
- A, D, E, K
- Water Soluble Vitamins
- Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Niacin, Thiamin, Pyridoxine, and Riboflavin and Vitamin C.
- Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron, Selenium, Zinc, Copper
Nutrition Charts show you the symptoms of each nutrient deficiencies so you can add the foods from the Recipe Section that contain the missing nutrients.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cooking Made Easy gives you dozens of easy, delicious and nutritious recipes that you and your family will enjoy again and again!
All the recipes in this e-book are gluten-free and dairy-free. The recipes in this book use honey or fructose (not high fructose corn syrup), because they are low glycemic, simple sugars having no need of digesting. Rice syrup or agave syrup can replace honey.
Baked Foods and Dessert Recipes!
These recipes have been tested and approved by kids and adults. Your friends and family will never know they are gluten-free and dairy-free…unless YOU tell them!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE COOKING MADE EASY will save you time experimenting with unfamiliar techniques so you can quickly build your own recipes to cherish.
You can be making DELICIOUS gluten-free, dairy-free foods ten minutes from NOW!
About the Author:
Cleo Libonati, RN, BSN, is an expert on celiac disease and gluten sensitivity.
Cleo is the author of the acclaimed medical reference, “Recognizing Celiac Disease.” She is also co-founder of the popular website www.glutenfreeworks.com and medical expert behind the Gluten Free Works Health Guide.
An accomplished cook, she wrote this concise, practical cookbook in response to the many people who have sought her help managing this diet to improve their health.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Cooking Can Be Easy, Nutritious and Rewarding!