New gluten-free products have become quite common these days, which is definitely a good thing for those who eat gluten free. Listed below are some new gluten-free products that are creating a lot of ‘buzz’ in the gluten-free community.
These products should hit a store shelf in June/July:
- Almond Dream – has added three new flavors to its line of dairy-free frozen dessert: Mint Chocolate Chip, Toffee Almond Fudge, and Strawberry.
- Chex – General Mills has added a seventh flavor of gluten-free Chex to its lineup with the creation of Vanilla Chex.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – will launch their gluten-free cinnamon sugar doughnut and blueberry muffins nationwide by the end of the year. Each doughnut/muffin is individually wrapped to prevent cross contact and they are certified gluten free by The Gluten-Free Certification Organization.
- Food for Life – introducing new Gluten-Free Black Rice Tortillas to its lineup. Black Rice Tortillas are free of additives, artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. Each tortilla contains four grams of protein, two grams of fiber, and no sugar. Ingredients: Black Rice Flour, Organic Brown Rice Flour, Filtered Water, Organic Tapioca Flour, Safflower oil, Organic Chia Seeds, Rice Bran, Vegetable Gum (Xanthan Gum, Cellulose), Sea Salt. Certified Kosher by KOFK
- Free for All Kitchen – Partners Crackers has created a line of gluten-free crackers in three flavors: Olive Oil Herb, Olive Oil Sea Salt, and Roasted Garlic Rosemary. All three come in cellophane-wrapped deli trays packaged in 5-ounce boxes. Available June 1 for around $5.69 per box.
- Goldfish Puffs – Pepperidge Farms has added gluten-free Goldfish Puffs in three flavors to its lineup: Mega Cheese, Cheddar Bacon, and Buffalo Wing.
- Ian’s – is updating its allergen-friendly product line with the addition of Blueberry Pancrepes, Sausage Pancrepes, and Supreme French Bread Pizza.
- KIND Healthy Snacks – has rolled out two new flavors of their Nuts & Spices bars: Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Chili Almond. Both bars have five grams of sugar or less and contain five grams of fiber and six grams of protein. Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt Ingredients– a sweet and salty combination of pecans, almonds and peanuts covered in maple syrup with a touch of sea salt and provides 5g fiber, 6g protein with only 5g of sugar. Dark Chocolate Chili Almond Ingredients – a sweet and spicy blend of mixed nuts drizzled in chocolate with a trio of cascabel, ancho and habanero chilies and provides 7g fiber, 6g protein with only 5g of sugar.
What are you looking forward to trying?
Author Information: Jennifer D. Harris, Atlanta, GA
Jennifer D. Harris, http://www.jenniferglutenfreeingeorgia.blogspot.com
Marketing Coordinator, Pure Knead
President, Just Gluten Free
Program Chair, Atlanta Metro CeliacsTwitter@jenniferGFinGA