I already apologize for giving you this recipe, because it is so good, you literally won’t be able to stop eating it. It’s also super easy to make, and will help you to impress any guests that may enjoy it as well (that’s if you are willing to share, of course).
- 2 cans (small) white sweet corn, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 large green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs sugar
1. Drain and rinse the black beans and place into medium-large bowl. Drain white sweet corn and place into bowl.
2. Chop your red pepper and green onions. Place into bowl with beans and white sweet corn.
3. Mix 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 2 tbs sugar in a separate bowl. After mixed, pour into bowl with all other ingredients. Stir.
4. Let sit overnight (this is the hardest part because you’re going to want to start eating it). Stir.
I find that scoop tortilla chips work best for this salsa so you can scoop up as much of the goodness as possible on each chip. I’m also excited to use this salsa in other dishes with chicken, fish, etc.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for fresh corn salsa! Try to control yourself and not eat it all on your own!
Author Information: Laura Hanley
Laura Hanley, known as G-Free Laura, has been gluten-free since 2009. She reviews gluten-free products, restaurants, posts simple recipes, and writes about gluten-free experiences onwww.gfreelaura.com. Laura also blogs for the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness and Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery. You can follow Laura’s young, wild, and [gluten] free updates by finding her on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Google+.