Kids will love this recipe for heart-shaped Gluten-Free Pepperoni Pizza. Pepperoni “hugs and kisses” spread delicious gluten-free love!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- 1 recipe parbaked (partially pre-baked) gluten free pizza crust (recipe below)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can Muir Glen organic pizza sauce OR your favorite gluten-free pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free Italian blend herbs OR dried oregano
- 4 -6 ounces fresh grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces gluten-free pepperoni OR hard salami
- If you have a pizza stone place it in oven to preheat. Or use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a round pizza pan.
- Servings- One recipe of gluten free pizza crust makes 1 large, 2 medium or 3 to 4 small pizzas.
- Prepare one recipe of gluten-free pizza dough. Shape dough into heart shapes in desired sizes. Parbake according to recipe directions.
- Brush each pizza crust with olive oil.
- Evenly spoon pizza sauce on pizza.
- Sprinkle cheese and herbs on pizza.
- Cut pepperoni in the shape of the letters O and X (hugs and kisses) and place evenly on the prepared pizzas.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
Author Information: Teri Gruss, MS
About.com Guide to Gluten-Free Cooking
Teri was diagnosed with gluten intolerance after decades of symptoms that culminated in malabsorption syndrome. Teri has written numerous health and nutrition articles for the popular website naturalnews.com and was a founding member and moderator of nutritioncircle.org, a nutrition forum for healthcare professionals and students. She is a member of the American Dietetic Association and supports the non-profit organization Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) of North America as a member.
Email Teri Gruss, MS here.