When you need a quick, delicious dinner, try this recipe. Provides ample protein together with potassium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc.
- 8 chicken tenders, lightly pounded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (not light olive oil)
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup onions, chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (apple cider or rice) mixed in ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or rice starch mixed in
- 1 cup water
Add oil to a large skillet set on medium heat. When oil is heated, stir in carrots, celery, onions and garlic. Saute vegetables 2 minutes then push to the sides and add chicken tenders. Saute tenders on one side about 2 minutes until golden, then stir vegetables to evenly cook. Turn tenders over, and saute other side about 2 minutes.
Mix ginger into vinegar and water mixture and add to pan. Stir meat and vegetables then cook 5 minutes to blend flavors and tenderize meat. Stir in cornstarch and water mixture to thicken, about 2 minutes more. Serve over cooked pasta or rice.
A salad or green vegetable such as green beans, broccoli, escarole, turnip greens, or kale makes a good side dish. Serves 4.