Cold water, wild fish is a healthy, safe option when you're shopping for fish. If you can find it at your local grocery, buy frozen, wild caught Pacific cod for this recipe. It's usually easy to find. I have used quite a few brands of frozen cod to make this recipe and find the best quality frozen cod is available at Costco. At least that's the case where I shop.
Be sure to thoroughly thaw the frozen cod and blot it with paper towels until the fish is dry to the touch. This recipe is a great way to prepare fish to make a batch of delicious fish tacos.
Learn more about buying fish from our Fish and Seafood site.
- 2 large -- approximately 7 oz white fish fillets -- preferably sustainable wild caught Pacific cod
- 1/4 cup gluten-free sweet rice flour, more if needed
- 1/4 cup gluten-free corn flour, more if needed (cornmeal can be substituted and will make the coating crunchier)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Frying oil - preferably organic peanut oil or your favorite high heat fry oil