Here are 21 gift ideas for gluten-free cooks including useful and unusual kitchen gadgets, fun gifts for gluten-free kids in the kitchen, high-quality gluten-free ingredients and new gluten-free cookbooks for the cookbook addicts on your list. And all gift ideas cost less than $20!
Kitchen Gadgets for Gluten-Free Cooks
1. Nylon Spreader Spatula Set from King Arthur I use my nylon spatulas every day. This versatile, inexpensive spatula set is perfect for shaping gluten-free bread batter into smooth loaves. New Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread Recipe
4. Mini Pocket Pie Molds Be sure to watch the video at the Williams-Sonoma link. These little pocket pies are adorable- a great way to make individual gluten-free pies! Recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin PieRecipe for Gluten-Free Apple Pie
5. 1 Tablespoon Cookie Scoop This scoop makes the task of gluten-free cookie baking so much faster and easier. King Arthur also sells a 1/4 cup muffin scoop, another tool to make life easier for gluten-free cooks. Recipe for Gluten-Free Vanilla Wafers
6. 12 Cup Nonstick Madeleine Baking Pan Just like classic French Madeleine cookies, gluten-free Madeleines are soft, golden scalloped cookies, rich with butter and the flavor and scent of lemons. Recipe for Gluten-Free Madeleines
7. Bake and Give Paper Bakeware Convenient and great looking paper bakeware from King Arthur Flour. Choose from loaf pans, mini-loaves, muffin, tulip muffin, ring pans, rounds, mini-rounds, hearts, panettone, brioche plus more sizes and shapes. These charming bake and give paper bakeware are perfect for giving gluten-free gifts from the kitchen! Recipe for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
9. English Muffin Splitter This handy gadget makes it easy to split your delicious homemade gluten-free muffins, leaving lots of texture for butter to soak in to. Yum! Recipe for Buckwheat and Honey Gluten-Free English Muffins
10. Natural Cookie Decorating Kit This decorating kit makes it easy for gluten-free cooks to decorate gluten-free cookies with healthier, natural frosting. Nice. Recipe for Gluten-Free Gingerbread Men
11. Tortilla Press Use this heavy-duty tortilla press to make your own fresh and versatile tortillas. Recipe for Easy Corn Tortillas (Be sure to use gluten-free masa harina) Recipe for Gluten-Free Tacos
Tops Picks for Gluten-Free Ingredient Gifts 12. Gluten and Allergen Free Ancient Grains Mix Add this healthy, whole grain gluten-free flour blend to bread recipes for a real nutritional boost. Recipe for Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread
13. All Natural Almond Paste Almond paste is the main ingredient in flourless gluten-free amaretti cookies. Look for this brand in your grocery, it's gluten-free unlike other brands of almond paste. Recipe for Gluten-Free Amaretti Cookies
14. Bakewell Cream Baking Powder This exceptional double acting gluten-free baking powder is free of aluminum and stays fresh for one year when stored in a cool, dry spot. Recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cornbread
16. Acadian Light Buckwheat Flour This is a wonderful gluten-free flour that I use in several of my gluten-free / rice-free recipes including gluten-free buckwheat mini loaves and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Recipe for Gluten-Free Buckwheat Mini Bread Loaves
17. Gluten-Free Almond Flour Homemade milled almond flour is healthy and versatile. Add it to gluten-free recipes for a nutritional boost, a wonderful nutty flavor and to lower carbohydrate content of recipes. Recipe for Gluten-Free Apple Tarte TatinRecipe for Gluten-Free Double Blueberry Muffins
Good Gluten-Free Reads Make Great Gifts! 18. Gluten-Free on a Shoestring by Nicole Hunn Gluten-Free On A Shoestring includes 125 basic, family-friendly recipes, tips, lists and resources designed to help gluten-free cooks cut their food budgets while eating real food with real nutritious value.
Gluten-Free on a Shoestring: 125 Easy Recipes for Eating Well on the Cheap
375 total customer reviews...
19. Gluten Free Throughout the Year - A Two Year, Month-to-Month Guide for Healthy Eating by Melissa Diane Smith With so many gluten-free junk food products available today, Melissa's tips for planning and eating naturally gluten-free nutritious foods, are more relevant than ever.
Gluten Free Throughout the Year: A Two-Year, Month-To-Month Guide for Healthy Eating
1 total customer reviews...
20. From Triumph Dining - The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guide This newly revised 3rd edition of The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guides contains more than 30,000 gluten-free products in a user-friendly format. This book is a perfect gift for all gluten-free cooks. My old copy is so worn out, I can't wait to start using the newly revised version of this "must have" guide. Find More Publications for Celiacs at Triumph Dining
21. Gluten-Free Baking for the Bread Machine by Annalise Roberts Do you know a gluten-free cook that has a bread machine, or one that would like to learn more about baking gluten-free breads using one? If so, this cookbook has lots of recipes and useful information on how to use the Zojirushi bread machine specifically, to bake gluten-free breads. Is a bread machine on your wish list? Check out the Zojirushi
Happy Hanukah and Merry Christmas!
[Editor's Note: Give Fan Favorites by Gluten Free Works as presents this year!]
Recognizing Celiac Disease Author: Cleo J. Libonati, RN, BSN Pages: 302, Paperback Price: $34.95 View more…
Gluten Free Dairy Free Cooking Made Easy E-Cookbook Author: Cleo J. Libonati, RN, BSN Pages: 82 Price: $7.00 View more…
———————- Author Information: Teri Gruss, MS About.com Guide to Gluten-Free Cooking Teri was diagnosed with gluten intolerance after decades of symptoms that culminated in malabsorption syndrome. Teri has written numerous health and nutrition articles for the popular website naturalnews.com and was a founding member and moderator of nutritioncircle.org, a nutrition forum for healthcare professionals and students. She is a member of the American Dietetic Association and supports the non-profit organization Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) of North America as a member. Email Teri Gruss, MS here.
Need more gift ideas! Here are some on Amazon! (If you buy anything on Amazon after clicking a link, Amazon gives Gluten Free Works a portion. Thank you!)
Jump Start Your Gluten-Free Diet! Living with Celiac / Coeliac Disease & Gluten Intolerance
97 total customer reviews...
Allergen Free Sampler Box - Just pay S&H ($15.49) - Everything Inside is Gluten Free (Wheat Free), Dairy Free (Lactose Free, Casein Free), Soy Free, Corn Free, Nut Free, Peanut Free, Egg Free & Vegan!
17 total customer reviews...
GoPicnic Ready-To-Eat Meals Gluten-Free Variety Pack, 20.2 Ounce, Net Wt.
666 total customer reviews...