Gluten-free rice crispie squares are fast, easy and oh, so familiar- a gluten-free kid’s favorite recipe.
Make a batch to take along to sporting events, for sleep-overs or pack a bag for road trips.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 10 ounce box of Gluten-Free Brown Rice Crisp Cereal (Use the entire box)
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 10 ounce package of marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon GF Vanilla Extract
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan
- Melt butter over low heat in a large pan.
- Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir over low heat until melted. Remove pan from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in rice cereal and gently coat cereal with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour rice mixture into prepared pan. With buttered fingers press the mixture flat.
Use this recipe to make irresistible Gluten-Free Ice Cream Sandwiches
Makes 12 2 inch square
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
Author Information: Teri Gruss, MS
About.com Guide to Gluten-Free Cooking
Teri was diagnosed with gluten intolerance after decades of symptoms that culminated in malabsorption syndrome. Teri has written numerous health and nutrition articles for the popular website naturalnews.com and was a founding member and moderator of nutritioncircle.org, a nutrition forum for healthcare professionals and students. She is a member of the American Dietetic Association and supports the non-profit organization Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) of North America as a member.
Email Teri Gruss, MS here.