Since summer weather hit, most of my evening meals consist of spiralized veggies topped with some kind of yummy sauce. Thankfully, I’m not left to my creativity alone. I’ve had lots of help from our Raw Foods Thursdays participants.
Here are a few posts that you’ll want to check out:
- Johnna of In Johnna’s Kitchen did a lovely Spiralizer Round Up highlighting some fabulous raw noodle recipes.
- Katja of The Savory Lotus showed us just how endless the options are with vegetable noodles if you have a spiralizer.
Do you have a spiralizer yet? If not, let me highly recommend that you get one. I guarantee that it won’t become just one more kitchen gadget that you need to find room to store once the newness wears off. I use mine almost on a daily basis. Not only does it give you creative ways to use veggies but it increases your vegetable consumption, because squiggly veggies are just so much more fun to eat than veggie sticks!
I’ve been wanting to share this raw pasta dish for a while. It’s super easy to make and even more fun to eat! I hope you enjoy it!
Raw Spinach Pesto Pasta
- 1 c. basil
- 1 c. spinach
- 1/2 c. soft nuts – cashews, pinenuts, or walnuts work well
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 3 cups of spinach
1. Peel and spiralize zucchini and place noodles in a large bowl.
2. Place all pesto ingredients in a food processor and process.
3. Pour pesto over the zucchini noodles and mix with your hands until all noodles are coated.
4. Fold in most tomatoes and peppers, saving a few to sprinkle on top.
5. Place a bed spinach on each plate and top with Raw Spinach Pesto Pasta.
——————- Author Information Heather, Nashville, TN Heather is a gluten-free blogger by night and a Kindergarten teacher and fitness instructor by day. She writes about healthy, gluten-free living and shares gluten-free recipes, product reviews, and restaurant reviews on her blog. Website: www.glutenfreecat.com Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/GlutenFreeCat Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/glutenfreecat