That was the story with this Italian polenta pizza that I made.
The inspiration for this was one of many outings that my husband and I made to Tony & Alba's Pizzeria in San Jose, CA. They always tempted my husband and I to try their signature Italian polenta. However, being unsure whether or not it was entirely gluten free we avoided it.
One day my husband and I thought about summer dinner ideas, and voila we wanted to make the polenta pizza so heavily raved about at Tony & Alba's. We do not live on the West Coast anymore, but we can carry the memory in our kitchen each time we make this Italian favorite. You will surely enjoy making this.
- Spray a 13x9 inch. Pyrex pan or a 9 inch cake pan with Pam organic extra virgin olive oil spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine Earth Balance original soy milk, water, Mindful Mayo, and a large pinch of sea salt.
- Bring just about to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and add cornmeal in a steady stream, while stirring to prevent lumps.
- Once it starts to thicken, reduce heat, and eventually turn off heat and continue to stir out lumps.
- Add now all seasonings and oil to the polenta until well flavored to your desire.
- Place the prepared polenta into a 9x9 cake pan and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Next, preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- After 20 minutes remove polenta pizza crust from freezer and place in oven to bake with a light sheen of oil brushed on it for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare prepare your sauce and veggies for the top of the pizza.
- When pizza is close to complete, take it out of the oven, add sauce, veggies, and Daiya cheese and place back in for about 10 minutes.
- Remove polenta pizza out of oven. Cut into slices and enjoy.