Swiss cheese, lean, thin-sliced corned beef, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing and your favorite gluten-free bread are all you'll need to enjoy this classic sandwich.
his recipe for Gluten-Free Reubens is made with gluten-free caraway seed bread and all of the traditional ingredients that make a Reuben a Reuben- mounds of thinly sliced corned beef, Swiss cheese, tangy sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing.
- 8 slices Gluten-Free Caraway Seed Bread OR your favorite GF sandwich bread
- 8 slices GF Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced GF corned beef
- 16 ounces well-drained sauerkraut (squeeze out moisture by hand)
- 2 tablespoons butter OR butter substitute
- 1/4 cup GF Thousand Island dressing plus more for dipping
Preheat oven to 375° F / 190° C
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Butter one side of each piece of sliced bread. Place 4 slices, buttered side down on baking sheet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of GF Thousand Island dressing on the 4 slices of bread. Evenly add about 2 tablespoons of well-drained sauerkraut to each slice of bread. Add 1 slice of Swiss cheese and layer with about 2 ounces of corned beef. Add another slice of Swiss cheese and another layer of sauerkraut.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of Thousand Island dressing on each of the 4 remaining slices of bread. Place this slice on top of the layered slice of bread and gently press down. Repeat this layering process until all 4 sandwiches are complete.
- Bake in preheated oven until sandwiches are golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm with dill pickles.
Makes 4 sandwiches Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.