Let me introduce you to my favorite - and the most popular of my donuts...The Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolatey Glazed Donuts. No compromise in flavor here! These are just like the classic favorite, except with a subtle coconut flavor in the amazingly simple and sweet chocolatey glaze, that does not require corn syrup (so its corn free!!). These donuts are moist, and sincerely decadent. You will for sure want to eat a second and third - easily. Just picture yourself in your favorite coffee shop (Starbucks maybe???), served up one of these warm, chocolatey beauties. I know, I know...
So delicious looking - even better when you bake them. Your house will smell heavenly! Your friends and family will for sure be impressed by these richly flavored cute cafe-style 'doughnuts' (as I typically spell them), baked to perfection. I am confident that I have prepared for you the best! I used Bob's Red Mill (BRM) for all of my baking.
Ingredients for cake donut:
3/4 cup and 1 tbsp BRM brown rice flour
1/2 cup and 1 tbsp BRM potato starch
3 tbsp BRM tapioca starch
1/4 cup BRM millet or sorghum flour
1 cup and 1 tbsp cane sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp BRM guar gum
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup oil
5 1/2 tbsp apple puree, or sauce
3 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp warm dairy-free milk + 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
The Chocolatey Glaze:
1-1/4 cup vegan carob (or chocolate) chips
2 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tbsp agave nectar
Yields 12 donuts, about 180 calories each.
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, prepare your batter, by mixing all ingredients for cake donut in a large mixing bowl.
3. Start by mixing your flours/starches, then adding in your liquids.
4. Mix well, but do not over mix.
5. Once the batter is made (it should not be too thick or thin), prepare a donut pan by spraying oil into each section of the donut pan, and add 2 1/2 tbsp of donut batter into each section carefully.
6. Place donuts in the oven to bake for no more than 15-18 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, and allow them to cool, in the donut pan for at least 20 minutes, while you prepare the glaze. (the glaze topping can be made simply by placing all ingredients in a glass bowl, and microwaving them for 30-45 seconds on high. Then remove, and mix...)
8. After 10 minutes of the donuts standing, remove them carefully from the donut pan and allow them to cool for 10 more minutes. Next, you may begin glazing them, by spooning on the glaze carefully on top of each.
9. Once all donuts are glazed, allow to sit in refrigerator for about 20 minutes or more to set onto the donuts.
You may store these in the refrigerator for a few days, or freeze them.
And again... enjoy these, and if you like them, share!
Author Information: Bella McKenzie
Bella McKenzie is a gluten free and vegetarian foodie specializing in both attractive and delicious modern cuisine. Her love for flavorful sweet and savory food, photography, and media are her driving forces behind her blog SweetnSavoryLife.com
. You can follow Bella, and enjoy her journey sharing gluten free and vegan recipes on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.
The links you will need are:
Tags: chocolate donuts, glazed donuts, Gluten free, Vegan