This year Passover is from sundown on March 25 through April 1, which is great news for those who eat gluten free because a number of gluten-free products have started arriving on store shelves that are only available during Passover. Crackers, bars, macaroons, and cereal are the newest addition to the Manischewitz line of gluten-free products.
Not only has Manischewitz expanded its options, but their products have gone throughGluten Free Certification Organization and bear the "GF" symbol. Manischewitz already has an impressive line of Kosher for Passover and year round gluten-free products that include: noodles, cake mixes, and sweet treats. Their newest gluten-free products are:
- Red Velvet Macaroons make their debut and are added to a long line of gluten-free macaroon flavors.
- Matzo-Style Squares and Crackers are available during Passover and year round
- All-natural, peanut-free Almond Butter Spread
- New from the Guiltless Gourmet line of snacks from Manischewitz® is Flaxseed Crunch Bars, available in two flavors: Almond Cranberry Flaxseed Crunch Bar, and Cashew Cranberry Flaxseed Crunch Bar. These individually wrapped snacks are high in Omega-3, B vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. The bars are available year round.
- Magic Max Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal is a sweet start to the day.
These Kosher/gluten-free products can be found on the shelves at local health food stores and Super Target, Kroger, Publix, and Ingles Markets tend to have Kosher displays at the front of the store. After the first couple of days of Passover, most stores start heavily discounting their Kosher for Passover products, so this is a great time to get big savings on gluten-free products.
Have you tried any of the new gluten-free products from Manischewitz? What did you think?
Author Information: Jennifer D. Harris, Atlanta, GA Jennifer D. Harris, http://www.jenniferglutenfreeingeorgia.blogspot.com Gluten-Free Product Specialist, Return to Eden Program Chair, Atlanta Metro CeliacsTwitter@jenniferGFinGA