Approximately 1,572 pounds of The King's Delight Co.'s Applegate Naturals frozen, gluten-free chicken nuggets have been recalled because they contain wheat.
The presence of wheat is not declared on the label of the 8 oz. cartons.
Here are the details of this recall if you have purchased this product:
- The establishment number P-2617 can be found printed on the side of each carton.
- The products were packaged on Sept. 19, 2012.
- The lot number 210864 and the best before date 08/28/13 are printed on each carton’s side panel.
- The UPC code 25317-00556 is printed on the back of each carton.
- The products were distributed to retail stores in Indiana, Maryland, Oregon and Washington.
Consumers who purchased this product should return it to the store where it was purchased for a full refund.
Currently, no reports of illness or adverse reactions due to consumption of this product have been received; however, anyone concerned about illness or adverse reaction should contact their physician.
Consumers with questions regarding the recall should contact Applegate Consumer Affairs Specialist Gerry Clarkson at (800) 587-5858.