GlutenFreeTravelSite.com launched the Dine Gluten Free iPhone app and Android app, which enables users to access the site's dining and travel reviews when they are away from home. All of the reviews on the site (from the U.S. and around the world) are written by its users and include reviews of restaurants, bakeries, markets, hotels, resorts, etc.
Karen Broussard, Founder of GlutenFreeTravelSite said, “Whether you’re looking for a new restaurant to try in your area, a safe place to eat on a family vacation, or a venue for dining when traveling on business, you’ll have convenient access to detailed accounts of other people’s gluten free dining experiences. The reliable peer reviews found within the Dine Gluten Free app -- complete with tips on how to make your meals as safe and enjoyable as possible -- help steer you toward the most accommodating places to stay, dine, and shop. You’ll never again feel limited or deprived when eating out."
Features of the app include:
- A list of many restaurant chains that offer Gluten Free Menus, with dedicated pages for each restaurant that contain links to its Gluten Free Menu, locations, Facebook page, and coupons if offered
- A Submit Review feature which gives users the ability to submit feedback about a restaurant from their smart phone during or immediately after their meal
- A national Calendar listing upcoming gluten free events, trips, and expos, which users may add to
- A Forum to share news and ask questions of other gluten free users of the app
- Push notification alerts when coupons are added to the Coupons section of the app
- Links to articles from the Gluten Free Travel Blog and GlutenFreeTravelSite's Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages
Since I don't have an iPhone, I appreciate that this app is also available for Android devices and I will definitely use it when traveling within the continental U.S. and when traveling abroad.
How likely will you be to use this app?
Author Information: Jennifer D. Harris, Atlanta, GA Jennifer D. Harris, http://www.jenniferglutenfreeingeorgia.blogspot.com Gluten-Free Product Specialist, Return to Eden Program Chair, Atlanta Metro CeliacsTwitter@jenniferGFinGA