If you are looking for something simple yet tasty to whip up for the Holidays – try out this “Forgotten” chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
2 egg whites
¼ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 teas. Vanilla
small 6 oz. mini chips
2 drops of food color (any color – green is festive!)
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Add two egg whites into average size mixing bowl and beat until stiff.
3. Add salt and sugar and continue to beat.
4. Beat in vanilla, add mini chips and add two drops of food color (your choice)!
5. Add small spoonfuls of batter to cookie sheet (with wax paper underneath). The smaller the drops are the more the cookie will rise, if you want flatter cookies then increase your drop size. This recipe will make three dozen cookies!
6. Put cookies in oven and turn off oven.
7. Leave cookies in oven ALL NIGHT (no, we are not kidding!)
8. After they have been in the oven for 8 or more hours (with the oven off), take them out, peel them off the sheets and voila!
9. Eat, serve, enjoy!