Thanksgiving is this week and for some that can mean their first holiday on the gluten-free diet, or their first time cooking for a family member/friend who needs to eat gluten free. No need to worry because Atlanta has a number of gluten-free bakeries that are offering special Thanksgiving items to enhance your holiday feast.
All the bakeries listed below produce their gluten-free goodies in dedicated gluten-free environments, so cross contact is not an issue. In addition to being free of gluten, all of Good Karma Coffee and Pure Knead’s products are also free of dairy, soy, and nuts. American Gra-Frutti, Sally’s and Gluten Free Cutie have dairy, soy, and egg-free options as well.
Thanksgiving gluten-free goodies are available from:
- American Gra-Frutti - is offering Pumpkin and Sweet Potato muffins, Holiday Cakes (think Rum Cake), and more. Give them a call at the bakery to place a pre-order.
- Gluten Free Cutie – has rolled out its Thanksgiving menu and they are now offering dairy-free pies in four flavors: Pumpkin, Apple, Blackberry, & Cherry. The pies are available by special order only and they will not be taking orders the week of Thanksgiving. Pumpkin pie is selling for $26, and Apple, Blackberry and Cherry are $30. They are also accepting pre-orders for pumpkin, banana, and cinnamon streusel bread.
- Good Karma Coffee – has released their Thanksgiving pre-order form. They are offering large loaves of bread in many sizes and flavors, pumpkin and apple pies, and cookies. Order deadline is 2 p.m. on the 18th and all orders must be picked up by 4 p.m. on the 21st. As a reminder, all of their products are free of gluten, dairy, nuts, and soy.
- Pure Knead - is working with local retailers for their Thanksgiving orders. This year they are offering: Baguettes, Bread Crumbs, Dinner Rolls, Stuffing Cubes, Rosemary Bread Wreath, Apple Coffee Cake, and Pumpkin Pie. They have closed their pre-orders, but you can stop by Peachtree Road Farmers Market on Saturday, as they will have extras of all products available for purchase.
- Sally’s Gluten Free Bakery – just launched their Thanksgiving menu and it includes: Cheesecake, Cornbread, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, Apple Buckle Cake, and Yeast Dinner Rolls. Contact them directly to place a pre-order.
Author Information: Jennifer D. Harris, Atlanta, GA
Jennifer D. Harris, http://www.jenniferglutenfreeingeorgia.blogspot.com
Atlanta Gluten-Free Examiner
Program Chair, Atlanta Metro CeliacsTwitter@jenniferGFinGA
[amzn_multi_product_inline keyword='gluten free, -oats, thanksgiving, holidays' count='7' page='' sort='' category='']