Whether you have kids out Trick or Treating tonight, or you are going to be cuddling up on the couch watching a scary movie, why not enjoy your Halloween evening with some seasonal caramel corn? This recipe is sure to complete your evening and is easy to make!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 5 quarts fresh popcorn
- 1/2 cup agave syrup OR light corn syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pop 5 quarts of popcorn and place in a large roasting pan.
- Put butter, sugar, agave syrup OR corn syrup and cream of tartar in a large pan. Over medium heat, melt the mixture, stirring to prevent burning.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and baking soda and stir to mix.
- Carefully pour this mixture over the popcorn. Gently stir to thoroughly coat the popcorn.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove and pour on a large baking sheet to cool. Use a spatula to separate the warm clumps.