The holidays are fast upon us, and not only do we have to plan the Thanksgiving meal, but the Thanksgiving leftovers as well. Usually in my house there are lots of turkey and maybe some potatoes, the stuffing is almost always the first thing to go. But after so long, cold turkey sandwiches and turkey and gravy tend to get a bit bland. I came up with this recipe last year when all I had left after the dust has settled was turkey, enjoy!
- 1lb (give or take) turkey leftovers
- 1 package fresh cranberries
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin or diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken or turkey stock*
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
*If you're going to be using store bought chicken or turkey stock try to find either unsalted or low sodium broth since it can change the taste of the stew.