There are lots of ways to pack a healthy gluten-free school lunch. Start by including your gluten-free child in the weekly menu planning process- this will increase the odds that he or she will actually eat what you pack for them!
Good quality proteins, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats are key to improving your child’s diet. These tips and resources will help you plan and pack healthier gluten-free school lunches for your gluten-free child.
- Start with a healthy protein
- High quality gluten-free deli meats (See tips for product links)
- Gluten-free cheeses and cheese spreads
- Chicken and turkey salads
- Left-overs (homemade chicken gluten-free noodle soup, vegetable beef soup, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, lasagna, tacos, fried rice with eggs, etc.)
- Nut butters and jam sandwiches (more…)