Savory Gluten-Free Spinach Quiche is made with a delicious Savory Gluten-Free Shortcrust recipe, adapted from a recipe by Master Baker Avner Laskin. This is a terrific, and, believe it or not, easy gluten-free recipe for special occasion brunches.
- 1 recipe prebaked gluten-free savory shortcrust (recipe link below)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces washed, rinsed and dried fresh spinach leaves
- 6 ounces grated Swiss or Emmenthal cheese
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese in the bottom of the prebaked crust shell.
- Scatter half of the spinach leaves over the cheese. Pour about three-fourths of the egg mixture over the spinach.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and spinach into the crush shell and top with the remaining egg mixture.
- Place the quiche pan on a large baking sheet to prevent dripping and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the filling is set and the top is golden. Serve warm
Yield: 6 Servings
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
-------------------------- Author Information: Teri Gruss, MS About.com Guide to Gluten-Free Cooking Teri was diagnosed with gluten intolerance after decades of symptoms that culminated in malabsorption syndrome. Teri has written numerous health and nutrition articles for the popular website naturalnews.com and was a founding member and moderator of nutritioncircle.org, a nutrition forum for healthcare professionals and students. She is a member of the American Dietetic Association and supports the non-profit organization Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) of North America as a member. Email Teri Gruss, MS here.