Since the Super Bowl is this weekend, it seems fitting to round up all of the gluten-free recipes this Examiner can find. We used to have fun hosting Super Bowl parties, but have since taken to just a quiet gathering. When we hosted, some of my favorite dishes to prepare were: deviled eggs, seven layer dip, veggie tray, homemade dips (hot and cold), chili, wings from Allergy Free Foods, chicken nuggets from Applegate Farms, and brownies. Keep the menu simple and limit it to things you are comfortable preparing. No need to get stressed out on such a fun day of sports, commercials and of course gluten-free food.
Here are links to gluten-free Super Bowl recipes:
- Ms. Celiac Says – Let’s Host a Gluten Free Super Bowl Party
- Kettle Cuisine
- Live Gluten Freely – offers a number of gluten-free party recipes
- NFCA – has a list of Super Bowl recipes from Chef Oonagh Williams
- Kim Bouldin over at Celiac-Disease.com just posted a list of Super Bowl Eats
- Pamela’s Products
- Jalapeno Poppers – Cheese and spicy peppers create a delicious explosion of flavor!
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks – A classic warm and cheesy treat everyone will enjoy.
- Mini Quiche – Just like the ones you find at the grocery store.
- Spinach Artichoke Snack Bites – Yummy, creamy, savory and satisfying.
- Crispy Buffalo Wings – No tailgate party could be complete without spicy wings!
- Bread Bowl – Fill a bread bowl with your favorite dip or chili.
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Filled Brownie Cups – Delish! The name says it all!
- Quick Doughnut Holes – Easy to make, sweet to eat.
- Brownie Cookies – Oh so irresistible!
- Pamela’s Snack Tarts – Make them sweet or savory, they’re delicious and versatile.
Be sure to stop by your local health food store, my favorite is Return to Eden, to stock up on gluten-free supplies for your Super Bowl party. Return to Eden carries gluten-free crackers, chips, cookies, chicken wings, chicken nuggets, bread, desserts and more.
Author Information: Jennifer D. Harris, Atlanta, GA
Jennifer D. Harris, http://www.jenniferglutenfreeingeorgia.blogspot.com
Gluten-Free Product Specialist, Return to Eden
Program Chair, Atlanta Metro CeliacsTwitter@jenniferGFinGA