It is so fun to pass on all the new information learned about gluten-free products, shopping and dining. The list below reflects what this Examiner learned over the last week.
- Thanks go out to The Crispy Cook for compiling a list of gluten-free blogs with links to each one. After reviewing the list, this Examiner discovered a number of blogs to check out and is excited to see what they have to offer.
- Artisan gluten-free breads are now available from A Bountiful Harvest in a number of flavors. Their breads are baked one loaf at a time naturally without artificial flavors, colorants, preservatives or additives and they are fresh baked to order for each customer not frozen and warehoused waiting to be shipped to a superstore.
- According to Connie Sarros, Hodgson Mill has just made gluten-free baking easier! They've come out with one-teaspoon packets of xanthan gum, 21 packets per package. If you don't add xanthan gum to your gluten-free flour mixture when you mix all the flours together, then this individual packaging will definitely be a convenience for you when you do your holiday baking.
- Ingles Markets has added gluten-free croutons from Tropical Foods to its produce section. The croutons are in bags next to the bulk bins and come in two flavors: honey mustard and Italian seasoning.
- Nature's Own is discontinuing its line of gluten-free bread due to issues with spoilage and high manufacturing costs.
- Udi's Gluten Free bread and bagels can now be purchased at local Trader Joe's. The breads are located in their bakery section at the front of the store and not in the freezer section. So far we have even spotted the bread at the Trader Joe's in Athens, GA.
- YEAH! Burger opened a new location on November 15th in Virginia Highlands. The same gluten-free menu options are available, but now there are two places to dine.
-------------------------- Author Information: Jennifer D. Harris, Atlanta, GA Jennifer D. Harris, http://www.jenniferglutenfreeingeorgia.blogspot.com Gluten-Free Product Specialist, Return to Eden Program Chair, Atlanta Metro CeliacsTwitter@jenniferGFinGA