Here are 20 gift ideas for gluten-free cooks including useful and unusual kitchen gadgets, fun gifts for gluten-free kids in the kitchen, high-quality gluten-free ingredients and new gluten-free cookbooks for the cookbook addicts on your list. And all the gift ideas cost less than $20!
Kitchen Gadgets for Gluten-Free Cooks
- Pizza Pan Set Make thin and crispy or deep dish gluten-free pizza with this 3-piece pan set which includes a pizza wheel for cutting your delicious homemade gluten-free pizza.Recipe for Gluten-Free Pepperoni Pizza
- Holiday Pancake Molds Gluten-free kids love eating reindeer, snowman and elf shaped pancakes during the holidays.Recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pocket Pie Molds Be sure to watch the video at the Williams-Sonoma link. These little pocket pies are adorable- a great way to make individual gluten-free pies!Recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
- 1 Tablespoon Cookie Scoop This scoop makes the task of gluten-free cookie baking so much faster and easier. King Arthur also sells a 1/4 cup muffin scoop, another tool to make life easier for gluten-free cooks.Recipe for Gluten-Free Vanilla Wafers
- 12 Cup Nonstick Madeleine Baking Pan Just like classic French Madeleine cookies, gluten-free Madeleines are soft, golden scalloped cookies, rich with butter and the flavor and scent of lemons.Recipe for Gluten-Free Madeleines
- Bake and Give Paper Bakeware Convenient and great looking paper bakeware from King Arthur Flour. Choose from loaf pans, mini-loaves, muffin, tulip muffin, ring pans, rounds, mini-rounds, hearts, panettone, brioche plus more sizes and shapes. These charming bake and give paper bakeware are perfect for giving gluten-free gifts from the kitchen!Recipe for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- Stoneware Tea Loaf Pan I own this pan and I love it! It's a longer, narrower loaf pan which bakes quick breads in less time.Recipe for Gluten-Free Breakfast Bread
- English Muffin Splitter This handy gadget makes it easy to split your delicious homemade gluten-free muffins, leaving lots of texture for butter to soak in to. Yum!Recipe for Buckwheat and Honey Gluten-Free English Muffins
- Kids Cookie and Cupcake Decorating Tools This nifty decorating set makes it easy for little gluten-free cooks to decorate their own gluten-free creations. Fun!Recipe for Gluten-Free Gingerbread Men
- Tortilla Press
Use this heavy-duty tortilla press to make your own fresh and versatile tortillas.Recipe for Easy Corn Tortillas (Be sure to use gluten-free masa harina)
Tops Picks for Gluten-Free Ingredient Gifts
- Gluten and Allergen Free Ancient Grains Mix Add this healthy, whole grain gluten-free flour blend to bread recipes for a real nutritional boost.Recipe for Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread
- All Natural Almond Paste Almond paste is the main ingredient in flourless gluten-free amaretti cookies. Look for this brand in your grocery, it's gluten-free unlike other brands of almond paste.Recipe for Gluten-Free Amaretti Cookies
- Bakewell Cream Baking Powder This exceptional double acting gluten-free baking powder is free of aluminum and stays fresh for one year when stored in a cool, dry spot.Recipe for Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cornbread
- SAF Pro GF Yeast Professional-grade yeast known for its' strong rising properties. This 1-pound vacuum- sealed brick will make about 96 loaves of bread!Recipe for Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns
- Authentic Foods Super-Fine Brown Rice Flour This is my favorite gluten-free rice flour. It's powdery-fine, preventing that "gritty" texture that so many rice flours have. Check out the great gluten-free sugar cookie recipe at the Authentic Foods link.Recipe for Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- Gluten-Free Almond FlourThis lovely blanched, finely milled almond flour is very versatile. Add it to gluten-free recipes for a nutritional boost, a wonderful nutty flavor and to lower carbohydrate content of recipes.Recipe for Gluten-Free Apple Tarte TatinRecipe for Gluten-Free Double Blueberry MuffinsRecipe for Holiday Biscotti with Cranberries and Pistachios
Good Gluten-Free Reads Make Great Gifts!
- Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking by Kelli Bronski and Peter Bronski Kelli and Peter have compiled a delectable collection of, not only family-favorite everyday gluten-free recipes, this talented gluten-free duo offer up restaurant-quality and international gluten-free dishes as well.
- Gluten Free Throughout the Year - A Two Year, Month-to-Month Guide for Healthy Eating by Melissa Diane Smith With so many gluten-free junk food products available today, Melissa's tips for planning and eating naturally gluten-free nutritious foods, are more relevant than ever.
- From Triumph Dining - The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guide This newly revised 3rd edition of The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guides contains more than 30,000 gluten-free products in a user-friendly format. This book is a perfect gift for all gluten-free cooks. My old copy is so worn out, I can't wait to start using the newly revised version of this "must have" guide.Find More Publications for Celiacs at Triumph Dining
- Gluten-Free Baking for the Bread Machine by Annalise Roberts Do you know a gluten-free cook that has a bread machine, or one that would like to learn more about baking gluten-free breads using one? If so, this cookbook has lots of recipes and useful information on how to use the Zojirushi bread machine specifically, to bake gluten-free breads.Is a bread machine on your wish list? Check out the Zojirushi
---------------------------- Author Information: Teri Gruss, MS About.com Guide to Gluten-Free Cooking Teri was diagnosed with gluten intolerance after decades of symptoms that culminated in malabsorption syndrome. Teri has written numerous health and nutrition articles for the popular website naturalnews.com and was a founding member and moderator of nutritioncircle.org, a nutrition forum for healthcare professionals and students. She is a member of the American Dietetic Association and supports the non-profit organization Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) of North America as a member. Email Teri Gruss, MS here.