The holidays are here. The family is over. There's food on the table.
One bite of REAL stuffing won't hurt you, right? Wrong!
Announcing NFCA's Webinar
"Temptation Island: Maintaining a Gluten-Free Diet During the Holidays"
Wednesday, Dec. 15 at 1 p.m. ET/ 10 a.m. PT
Join NFCA as Margaret Masiello, RD, clinical coordinator of the Kogan Celiac Center in Livingston, NJ, explains the risks of cheating on your gluten-free diet and shares tips for staying on track. Whether you have celiac disease, know someone who does or work in the nutrition field, this Webinar offers helpful hints for healthy holidays.
- Identify why the gluten-free diet might be more difficult to follow during the winter months of holiday parties, family celebrations, eating outside of the home and social drinking
- Provide examples of common temptations, such as "just one REAL cookie" or "just one slice of REAL apple pie."
- Discuss the role of tradition and memory in temptation (Mom's cooking, anyone?)
- Explain the consequences of cheating, both short-term and long-term
- Address specific population of those who do not experience symptoms
- Offer solutions to keep temptation at bay.
*Special Offer! At the end of the Webinar, participants will get a coupon code for Jules Gluten-Free's holiday ebook, filled with gluten-free recipes and entertaining tips!
Sponsored by Blue Diamond, this webinar is free of charge and only requires a working Internet connection!
Register Now >>
About the Panelist:
Margaret Weiss Masiello, RD, has worked as a clinical dietitian for Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, the ALS Foundation of Greater New York and as a consultant to several supermarket chains regarding celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. Currently, Margaret is the Clinical Coordinator of the Kogan Celiac Center in Livingston, NJ.