It is New Years and the season for top ten lists. Here is a list of the top ten gluten-free items that every gluten intolerant person needs in their pantry.
2. Xanthan gum or guar gum for your baked recipes.
3. Quality flavored olive oils and vinegars. Make sure these are gluten-free and you can whip up a marinade or salad dressing in no time.
4. Quinoa. Buy pre-rinsed quinoa from a company such as Ancient Harvest and save yourself a few minutes in the kitchen.
7. A cake or cookie mix that you can make at the last minute and always turns out well. Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake Mix, Better Batter Flour Brownies, Namaste Spice Cake, Arrowhead Mills White Cake Mix.
9. Bread Mix that tastes so good people won't know it is gluten-free. Pamela's Products, Breads from Anna.
10. Gluten-free soy sauce and asian marinades for when you want to prepare Chinese food or are heading out to a restaurant and want them to cook with your soy sauce. San-J.
For more top ten lists and gluten-free cooking information visit www.gfreelife.com.
---------------------------- "Author Information: Jen Cafferty, Chicago, IL Jen Cafferty, Founder, The Gluten Free Cooking Expo Website: www.glutenfreeclasses.com Blog: www.glutenfreeexpo.wordpress.com National GF Reporter for Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/x-12164-GlutenFree-Food-Examiner Twitter: jenglutenfree GIG Chicago: www.chicagoglutenfree.com "