Old Fashioned Gingerbread Cake
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups GF all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350. Pam or grease & flour a 9-inch square pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add in the applesauce. Beat in the egg and mix in the molasses.
3. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, spices, xanthan gum. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the hot water. Pour into the prepared pan.
4. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven. Check after 45 minutes or so. Allow to cool in pan before serving.
5. Top with powdered sugar & serve with Cool Whip.
Author Information: Kimberly Bouldin, Columbus OH
My Gluten-Free Blog: http://glutenfreeislife.wordpress.com/
Columbus Gluten-Free Food Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-15655-Columbus-GlutenFree-Food-Examiner
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kbouldin