Not only is this meal easy, it’s delicious and gluten free. Surprise your family one night by having them walk in the house to the smell of lasagna, coming from the slow cooker!
This dish can be ready in less than 3 hours. If you will be gone most of the day, make sure to set the slow cooker to Low.
1 lb whole milk ricotta
1/2 c milk
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese*
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese*
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 jars tomato sauce*
8-10 oz no bake rice lasagna noodles
1/2 c water
1/2 c shredded mozzarella*
*always check with the manufacturer to make sure these products are gluten free.
1. Mix all ingredients of the ricotta filling in a bowl.
2. In a large slow cooker, add about 1/2 c tomato sauce and 1/4 c water.
3. Layer with about 2-3 noodles, broken up slightly. Add enough sauce to cover noodles. Top with half of the ricotta filling.
4. Repeat step 3.
5. Top with noodles, sauce and 1/4 c water.
6. It is important that there is enough liquid as the noodles need moisture in order to soften.
7. Place cover on the slow cooker. Cook on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-5 hours. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella and let rest about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Optionally serve with more sauce if necessary.
Author Information: Amy Fothergill, San Francisco, CA
Amy Fothergill is the mother of two and owner of The Family Chef. She teaches cooking classes and provides consultations. She blends her culinary techniques with delicious ingredients to create gluten free, healthy dishes that the whole family enjoys.
Blog: http://thefamilychef.blogspot.com (a food blog which is a blend of gluten free and regular recipes)
Gluten-free recipes: http://www.examiner.com/x-13910-SF-GlutenFree-Food-Examiner