You’re in for a nutritious treat with this delightful dish. With or without the sauce, each forkful delivers crunch with tender, flaky fish. This dish is rich in selenium and protein with magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium, vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids for strength, vitality and a bright outlook.
For each serving:
- 1 mild white fish fillet, fresh or thawed (haddock, tilapia, mahi mahi, flounder)
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free corn flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon milk substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine nuts, corn flakes, salt and pepper on a flat plate to form a mound of crumbs. On a separate plate, add milk substitute, and then dip fish in milk to cover the surface. Remove fish and roll in crumbs to thickly cover.
Spread oil on baking dish where fish will set, then add covered fillet(s). Bake 20 minutes. Fish should flake when pulled with a fork. Serve with our Pineapple Raisin Sauce.
Nice with a green vegetable like kale and cooked rice or risotto like our Brazil Nut Risotto recipe.