Fried rice is a great way to save time in the kitchen. This easy recipe uses nutritious eggs and leftover rice for a delicious meal or side dish. You can add whatever meat and vegetables you have on hand.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- ¼ cup (optional) bacon or cooked meat, shrimp, fish chicken, or fried tofu, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup thinly sliced vegetables such as carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, green peas or sweet corn
- 3 ½ cups cooked long grain rice (cold or cooled to room temperature)
Wok or large skillet.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs, soy sauce and salt. Set aside. Prepare vegetables and meat or tofu if using.
Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the oil. If using bacon or fresh meat, stir in until fried then stir-in the vegetables. As food is cooked, push to the sides. Add the cooked meat then push to side as it heats.
Make a space and add the egg mixture so it cooks separately. Sprinkle scallions and stir in. If using a skillet, it may be necessary to remove the cooked food to a heated dish to cook rice.
Add the rice, pushing the rice grains against the sides of the wok or skillet so they individually fry. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Serves 2 to 4 depending whether used as side or entree.