This rich, nutritious velvety sauce takes mild fish, ham, pork and chicken to a higher level of satisfaction and digestibility. Try it over fried tofu for a vegetarian treat.
- 3/4 cup water
- ¼ cup juice from pineapples
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or gluten-free margarine
- sprinkle salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared gluten-free horseradish mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fructose or sweetener of choice
Mix juice from pineapples and water with cornstarch or rice flour and set aside.
Add rest of ingredients to a medium saucepan, stir to combine and cook over medium low heat 4 minutes. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and raise heat to medium high. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in butter or margarine.
Makes one cup / serves 2