Here is a healthy, nutritious breakfast food with a good balance of carbohydrate, complete protein, good fat and lots of minerals and vitamins packed in each slice. A delight to enjoy at home or to take along. Cashews are an excellent source of minerals like calcium, potassium, copper, and magnesium plus protein, good fat and fiber. Apricots are famous for their potassium and vitamin A value plus copper, magnesium, niacin and iron. To top it off, sesame seeds or sunflower seeds are rich in copper and zinc.
- 1 ¼ cup fine white rice flour
- 1/3 cup gluten-free millet flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ scant teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup fructose
- ½ cup margarine or coconut oil or cooking oil
- 2 large cold eggs
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 2/3 cup liquid – rice milk or soy milk or water or juice
- ½ cup apricot natural fruit spread
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- ¼ cup raw sesame seeds or sunflower seeds.
2 small loaf pans (5x3x2)
Set oven at 350 degrees F. Set out 2 small loaf pans. Lightly grease and flour with gluten-free flour.
In a medium bowl, blend the first 8 dry ingredients and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the fructose and margarine or oil for a minute. Then, add the eggs and vanilla and beat for a minute more. Blend in rice milk or other liquid. Next, lightly mix in the dry ingredients until smooth. Last, fold in the apricot spread and cashews with a large wooden spoon. Pour batter into prepared pans then sprinkle surface with seeds if desired. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center of bread should come out clean. Allow to rest in pan for 5 minutes then remove to cool on wire rack.