If you like clams, this flavorful recipe is sure to become a favorite, especially when you’re tired or need a nutritious dinner fast. It is quick to make with ingredients you can easily stock. Clams are exceptionally high in zinc, folic acid, and protein and are low in calories. Serves 4. Recipe can be divided in half, just use 1 can of clams and 1/2 the rest of ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly julienned carrots, thinly sliced about 3 inches long
- 1/2 cup thinly julienned leeks, thinly sliced about 3 inches long (may substitute 2 tablespoons spring onions)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 2 cans of clams with juice
- 8 oz. package gluten-free spaghetti
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile julienne the carrots and leeks.
- Chop the parsley and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, then add the vegetables.
- Saute lightly till golden, stirring a few times.
- In about 5 minutes add the clams with juice.
- Salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes to heat the clams, then spoon over hot drained pasta on the dinner plates.
- Pass hard grated cheese to top.