Cabbage slaw is fat free. It differs from creamy cole slaw in that it does not use mayonnaise as an ingredient. This recipe unites the many nutritious qualities of fresh cabbage such as anti-cancer, anti-bacteria, and digestive tonic with unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, known for its probiotic properties. Provides potassium, vitamin A, folic acid and vitamin C. Fructose makes it low on the glycemic index and safe for diabetics.
- 2 cups fresh cabbage
- 2 T unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, or rice vinegar
- 2 T crystalline fructose
- 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- celery salt, optional
A hand grater or food processor.
- Rinse and shred the cabbage. If you have no shredder, finely slice with a knife.
- Mix the vinegar, sweetener, water, salt and pepper in the serving bowl then stir in the cabbage.
- Sprinkle with celery seed if you like the taste. Enhances any meat dish.